Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Turning Bits Of Paper... The Art Of Quilling


Quilling has been a fascination of mine  since I was a girl. I can't remember where I first saw it. I associate it with my grandmother, who taught me quite a few nifty things so perhaps it was through her. I pretty much love anything that uses paper as a medium. Martha Stewart always has some sweet quilling examples (above) and her site is where I usually turn for inspiration first because the projects found there are not too easy, but achievable.


I have recently though, stumbled upon the most brilliant quilling artist! Russian born, London based Yulia Brodskaya has been quilling for a little over three years, but her projects are so stunning, she has garnered the attention of many profitable entities and she truly has taken it to a new level. I thought you might like to see some of her work.



She has created pieces for the covers of books you will recognize, and as well, some very fun invites.


Who knew that the art of rolling and shaping tiny strips of paper and gluing them to a background could be so lucrative? Or really, so innovative! What makes your jaw drop and shatter into smithareens though, is the piece below. I have never seen something like this, and imagine the possibilities...


If you visit her site you can see various stages as well as angles of this piece, titled "Babushka", which she explains in depth. Every angle captures a different quality of light and emotion. She really is an inspiration, not only due to her incredible talent, but also through how she describes her process and insights into the medium itself. I just love how she has taken such a simple craft and created something so unique for reasons completely removed from where the craft originates. Just stunning.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

always has some sweet quilling examples (above) and her site is where I usually turn for inspiration first because the projects found there are not too easy, but achievable. Chanel Authentic Bags

Anonymous said...

How can I show the latest article of my blogger blog on a different site?s home page?
[url=http://bonus365sk.blogspot.com/]bet365[/url] [url=http://www.bapostas.com/]bwin[/url]
[url=http://bonus-2013-italy.blogspot.com/]bwin[/url] [url=http://winwett.com/]bwin bonus[/url]

Alina Haris said...

Your blogs are good and informative Keep sharing such good content.
real estate investment in Lahore

jumanah said...

Your blogs gives us a lots of useful information. Thanks for sharing
padded prayer mat

k4security said...

Great blog! love to read keep sharing such good content.
Security Services in Brent