Saturday, August 16, 2008

Inside the Box

Some people just see things differently. It's a good thing too, it keeps the rest of us humble. People such as David Gardner from the UK for example. When he sees a light bulb in a package, he thinks "Hey, why couldn't that packaging be more lamp-shaped?" Well, apparently, it can.



This coarsely pulped paper is molded so that when the bulb is flipped around, it simply needs to be plugged into the wall to create a rather warm and cosy ambience.


I am not completely sure of how the local fire chief would side on this one, but it is an incredibly nifty idea. Sort of thinking inside the box. Or maybe inside the box's thinking.

Woah, deep.

1 comment:

dee said...

You are funny! Such a kooky find...I like it!

PS: I read your comment the other day and I totally remember which post you're talking about. I love his work too so it caught my eye. It totally sucks, and I'm hoping it was a coincidence/accident too, but just keep doing what you're doing. You have your own voice and it's great:)