Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dark and Moody


A jewel from the Pinterest file of The French Mouse
I am in a dark and moody... uh... mood today. So this seemed fitting. I once saw a table setting very much like this for... you'll never guess... Christmas. Yes, Christmas. It was done up in a store that I rarely go into, back in the city. A long, dark ebony table set in a very rustic but polished sense... but the plates were crystal and they were set on rabbit furs. It was gorgeous. I have never been able to bring myself to set the table the same way, as my circle of friends would most likely take issue with the furs. I sit on the fence about it because I have several boxes of white rabbit furs that I bought from a shop that was closing down a few years ago that sold native jewelry and used the furs for display. Someday I would like to have a quilt made with them, there are maybe sixty of them. But I still love the idea of using them on the table... I will simply have to invite a bunch of people I don't know over for dinner one Thanksgiving or New Years...


No comments: