Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Christmas in July... Yay!


One of the very best things in life is to receive mail. Real mail. With your name on the front in ink and in the kind of envelope that lets you know it isn't a bill or sneaky flyer or disconnection notice. I especially love it when the sender uses bright turquoise marker to address it. I was a bit baffled this morning though when I opened my mailbox and found something from far, far away.


I don't know anybody living in Nashville, and definitely not anyone that would be taking the time to write to me. Imagine my delight when I opened it to find a collection of beautiful stamps that I bought from Simply Suzula's etsy site some time ago at about three in the morning. I had completely forgotten about them.

I had been looking up vintage embroidered linens and she seems to find some very unique items. I love how she photographs the embroidered hankies on the clothesline. I will frame these little beauties in a collection of frames I have had on my wall that were originally for photos, but have become my version of a curio cabinet. I will post photos when I have them.

1 comment:

Berta said...

Aren't they pretty! I think your idea of framing them on a wall is so unique - something that wouldn't have occurred to me. So much nicer than hiding them away in a book someplace...